Tuesday 3 July 2012

Week One

So I am just over a week in to my internship placement with the School of Social work at The University of Central Lancashire and what a week its been! Inductions, training, meetings and robots! (All in the name of research of course)


Our induction took place Monday 25th June and it was wonderful to finally be introduced to my new work colleagues (even if I did show up 3 hours late due to a mix up in emails!) I met my three fellow interns, two of whom I will be working with on the same project along with the staff and directors on the project. The week began with some IT training and a tour of our new office space, the pace was soon quickened however when we discovered we had two weeks to design and deliver an academic poster for a conference in Sheffield. We have very quickly therefore needed to grasp our specific areas and work out an action plan of what it is we wish to achieve? and how we are going to achieve it? This all became a lot clearer after meetings held Monday 2nd July with the conference organising comity and the leads for the young peoples participation groups. The plan now is to complete the academic poster in time for the 9th as well as creating a clear and concise action plan/proposal for the toolkit.   

1 comment:

  1. Wow Charlotte is has been a busy time for you so far and the poster is looking great!

    ReplyDelete